The State of Connecticut requires that ALL dogs 6 months and older be licensed annually during June. Proof of current rabies vaccination is required. If your dog has exceptional health issues that prevent rabies immunization, speak to your veterinarian about a CT rabies exemption.
Dog licenses can be processed several ways:
- Come into the Town Clerk’s Office and pay by cash or check. You will leave Town Hall with the license in hand.
- Mail your renewal request, rabies vaccination update and check (including late fee, if applicable) to the Town Clerk’s Office. We will mail your dog’s license to you.
- Drop into the dropbox at Town Hall’s main entrance your renewal request, rabies vaccination update and check (including late, fee if applicable). We will mail your dog’s license to you.
- Renew your dog’s license online with a credit card and we will mail your dog’s license to you. Please note that first-time licenses cannot be processed online.
If you no longer own the dog in question, for whatever reason, please notify the Town Clerk’s Office. Dogs remain in Killingworth’s licensing database until you notify us otherwise.
Neutered/spayed dog $ 8.00
Unneutered/unspayed dog 19.00
Kennel License* – up to 10 dogs 51.00
Kennel License* – up to 20 dogs 102.00
late charge, when applicable 1.00/month/dog after June 30th
* kennel license requirements must be met