Killingworth Ambulance Association EMT Course Update
The Killingworth Ambulance Association is hosting an EMT course on Monday, August 29, 2022. For more information call 860-663-2450 or reach out through their website: www.killingworthambulance.org
Catch Basin and Storm Drain Treatment for Mosquitos
The Connecticut River Area Health District will be treating over 10,000 catch basins and storm drains this summer in Old Saybrook, Clinton, Deep River, Haddam, Chester & Killingworth. After their morning rain ends in Killingworth, Innovative Mosquito Management (IMM) will be on scooters applying larvicides to the town’s catch basins and storm drains. The scooters are marked with the company name and riders will be wearing safety vests. IMM will be using Vectolex (Bacillus Sphaericus), which offers at least 30 days of effective control. This is a naturally occurring microbe and is an extremely effective agent for controlling Culex,Psorophora, Anopheles and many Aedes species of mosquitoes.
For more information, please go to https://www.crahd.info/west-nile-virus
Special Town Meeting
The Electors of the Town of Killingworth and all those qualified to vote in meetings of said Town are hereby notified and warned that at Special Town Meeting will be held in the All Purpose Room of the Killingworth Elementary School on Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 7 p.m. to consider and act upon the following item of business:
1. To approve an amendment to ordinance 412-10 to include a cash stipend for any person eligible to receive a tax abatement and who is without sufficient property on the grand list. The complete text of the amended ordinance is on file in the office of the Town Clerk.
Dated at Killingworth, Connecticut this 8th day of June, 2022.
Killingworth Town Charter Virtual Public Hearing May 26th, 7:00 pm
The Board of Selectmen of the Town of Killingworth has appointed a Charter Revision Commission (CRC) to review and make changes to the Town Charter per Connecticut General Statutes (CGS) (§7-187(a); §7-188(b); §7-190(a).
The Town Charter is a legal document and the law of Killingworth, which is to be reviewed once every ten years. Thus, our directive as a committee is to determine whether the Killingworth Town Charter requires updates, revisions, and amendments.
Critical to this work is seeking initial public input, comments, and recommendations for potential charter revisions before the CRC begins any substantive work on revisions. The CRC will hold at least two public hearings during our revision work.
The first public hearing will take place virtually tonight, Thursday, May 26th at 7:00 PM.
Please join from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (786) 535-3211
Access Code: 750-500-957
Our goal and desired outcome are to make this charter revision process as transparent to the public as possible and to ensure residents have an active voice throughout. To this end, we ask Killingworth residents to attend our first virtual town meeting and share with us comments and recommendations for potential changes and updates to the Killingworth Town Charter. We look forward to hearing your thoughts and actively listen to your comments and recommendations. We thank you for your participation in shaping our Town Charter and the future of Killingworth.
Kathleen Suzanne Zandi (D) (Chair)
Annual Town Budget Meeting
The Annual Town Budget Meeting will be held
Monday, May 16, 2022 at 7:00 P.M. at the Killingworth Elementary School.
The Electors of the Town of Killingworth and all those qualified to vote in meetings of said Town are hereby notified and warned that the Annual Town Budget Meeting and Special Town Meeting will be held in the All Purpose Room of the Killingworth Elementary School, 340 Route 81, Killingworth, CT on Monday, May 16, 2022 at 7 p.m. to consider and act upon the following items of business:
- To adopt the Budget recommendation of the Board of Finance of an Operating Budget for fiscal year July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023 in the amount of $5,678,862.
- To adopt the Budget recommendation of the Board of Finance of Capital Expenditures for the fiscal year July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023 in the amount of $3,227,129.
- To approve a Multi-year Capital Improvement Plan FY2022 – FY2031.
- To authorize the additional expenditure of $25,000 for the Killingworth Volunteer Fire Company annual operating expenses for the fiscal year July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022 to be funded from the American Rescue Plan Act funds.
- To confirm the Selectmen’s appointment of James Joseph Duffield, William Raymond Burley, and Brian James Blair as Killingworth’s representatives to the Haddam-Killingworth Recreation Authority, for a term to commence upon confirmation and to continue until June 30, 2023.
To confirm the Selectmen’s appointment of Jamie Mowat Young to the Representative Policy Board, South Central Connecticut Regional Water Authority for a term ending June 30, 2023.