TOWN OF KILLINGWORTH
ANNUAL TOWN BUDGET AND SPECIAL TOWN MEETING
The Electors of the Town of Killingworth and all those qualified to vote in meetings of said Town are hereby notified and warned that the Annual Town Budget Meeting and Special Town Meeting will be held in the All Purpose Room of the Killingworth Elementary School on Monday, May 15, 2023 at 7 p.m. to consider and act upon the following items of business:
1. To adopt the Budget recommendation of the Board of Finance of an Operating Budget for fiscal year July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024 in the amount of $5,853,770.
2. To adopt the Budget recommendation of the Board of Finance of Capital Expenditures for the fiscal year July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024 in the amount of $2,027,846.
3. To approve a Multi-Year Capital Improvement Plan FY 2023/24 – FY2032/33.
4. To confirm the Selectmen’s appointment of James Joseph Duffield, William Raymond Burley, and Brian James Blair as Killingworth’s representatives to the Haddam-Killingworth Recreation Authority, for a term to commence upon confirmation and to continue until June 30, 2024.
5. To confirm the Selectmen’s appointment of Jamie Mowat Young to the Representative Policy Board, South Central Connecticut Regional Water Authority for a term ending June 30, 2026.
6. To accept the amended and restated Defined Benefit Pension Plan for the Killingworth Ambulance Association and the Killingworth Volunteer Fire Company effective July 1, 2021 of copy of which is available for view on the town’s website and in the town clerk’s office.
Dated at Killingworth, Connecticut this 1st day of May 2023.
Nancy Gorski Louis C. Annino, Jr Jamie Mowat Young
First Selectman Selectman Selectman